Iseyin/Moniya road is in a sorry state as we speak and is posing a great dangers and property of our people, as well as affecting the economic activities of Oke Ogun area, particularly Iseyin.
I wish to report through this medium that:
1. The Road had been awarded to an anonymous contractor before the coming of the present administration of Engr. Seyi Makinde, and nothing was done.
2. Immediately the 9th Assembly was inaugurated, it was the first motion debated in a very robust manner. It was resolved that, the executive investigate the Contractor handling the project.
3. On this note, the Governor swift into action. The contractor was investigated and it was discovered that huge amount of money earmarked for the project had been misappropriated.
4. The Contract had been revoked and the due process of rewarding has reached the complete stage.
5 I hereby assure the people of Iseyin and Oke Ogun and all passers of the road to bear with the government.
6. The new contractor according to a reliable information, will move to the site and commence work before the end of October and within a short period of time Iseyin/ Moniya road will be in a better condition.
7. However, palliative measures will be put in place before the completion of the road to ensure smooth transportation activities.